Bruising in Babies

If you have been given the leaflet below, a professional such as health visitor, doctor, midwife, social worker or police officer has identified a bruise on your child that needs further assessment.
Any professional that comes across bruising on a child that cannot yet move around is required to consider a referral to the Children's Services Department (Social Services). This is because it is very rare for children who are not yet crawling, cruising or walking independently to have a bruise.  Read more in the leaflet below.