The Acorn Project aims to improve parenting skills and confidence in disadvantaged families in Monmouthshire. The project is funded by Families First, a Welsh Government initiative which aims to reduce child poverty. The project works with families in need who have one or more child aged 4-11 across Monmouthshire, and also with families who have one or more child aged 0-3 in areas that are not covered by the Flying Start initiative. We are based in North Abergavenny, Overmonnow, West End, and Thornwell.
The project provides:
· Parenting Courses – Incredible Years Basic Programme (3-8 years), Incredible Years School Age programme (8-12 years)
· Parenting Support / Child Health Advice – The Home Safety Scheme, cookery and meal planning, sleep management, toileting, weaning, language and play
· Learning Support – Basic Skills support, return to work/training support, confidence building, family budgeting
· Mobile Creche Provision – Supports parenting programmes, training programmes, family learning courses, private hirers
· Support to Access Services –Access to local language and play programmes and child development programmes such as Chatty Chimps Speech and Language Programme
Our Buzzy Bees Mobile Creche is now available to book for short courses/events.
There are also rooms available to hire at Acorn Children's Centre Abergavenny.
For further information on any of the abovecontact Monmouthshire Acorn Project on 01873 735014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or download a referral form below.
The Acorn Project Management is based at The Acorn Centre, Deri View Primary School, Llwynu Lane, Abergavenny, NP7 6AR